My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, January 8, 2010

Today was bad.

So I've been so tired lately that it's been really affecting my being a functional member of society. But even though I'm this tired during the day, I can't sleep at night. I know it's because I'm stressed out. So I called my gyno today because I'm supposed to make a follow-up appt for 6-8 weeks after my last one. Figured I'd give my self a snowball's chance in hell of getting one cycle done before I see her again, and shot for 8 weeks. Then I decided to ask the girl how long it should take for me to get my period after stopping the meds the doc gave me the last time I was there. She said she'd have to research and get back to me. When she called me back a few hours later, she said that basically, I could get a period anytime after I stopped taking it, but I probably wouldn't get one "this month." I told her I haven't had one in almost two months and that's why the doc put me on this medicine. She said the doctor told her if not soon, it'll most likely be in 2-4 weeks. Well, that just great. I got off the phone with her and immediately started crying. If I had known this wasn't definitely going to give me a period, I wouldn't have taken it. I don't like the idea of taking hormones if I'm not going to get the desired outcome. Plus the fact that I had all these extra hormones in my system didn't help as I was trying to stop myself from crying.

So now that I've had some time to calm myself, and I've completely broken down to my husband, I'm starting to wonder about a bunch of things. When should I start OPK's? If it would be worth it to even try them right now. Then I started thinking that maybe I should take a HPT.

I stopped temping for a while at the request of my gyno, then realized the fertility clinic she will send me to next month if all is not better, states on their website they depend on things like BBT charting. So I wasn't charting for about two weeks, and whose to say in that two weeks that my temp didn't spike and I didn't ovulate? My husband and I had sex during that time, so maybe I'm pregant. And the only reason I say that is because my temps dipped a little, about .2 degrees over 3 days, then went back up a little. I couldn't temp this morning for stupid reasons, but I think if my temp is elevated tomorrow, I may just take a HPT. Just to be sure. I'd hate to sit here and stress and worry if there's no reason to.

I started taking Vitex or Chasteberry supplement today too. A friend had told me it has been used as a natural way to regulate reproductive health. So we'll see. Like any natural way to do anything, it takes time, so I guess this will be an experiment that will take a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment