My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow a plenty!

Oh my Gosh.... we have recently been clobbered with about 4 ft of snow.  I'm suffering from severe cabin fever, so I know everyone else is much worse.  Unfortunately since I work from home, I'm accustomed to being stuck in the house, but at least when the weather is ok, I have the choice of leaving.  It's been a week.  Today is an entire week that I haven't been able to leave the house.  Really, I left for about a half hour the other day, but I don't count it because going to the grocery store in between two noreasters with a bunch of crazy people, doesn't quite qualify as getting out to me. 

Not only that, but when I'm snowed in I have nothing better to do really than think about the fact that I'm not ovulating.  I really think I'm going to tell Hubby that we're going to the fertility clinic soon.  Like if I don't ovulater or have a period by the end of the month.  That'll put me at CD 52 without ovulation/period.  And that's only if I consider that smallest bit of red spotting you can imagine, as a period.  If I don't count that, the end of the month, February 28th will be 105 days without a period, and definitely not pregnant.  I'm also really glad that I went out and wasted $40 on ovulation predictor kits at the request of my doctor.  She told me she wanted me to stop temping, start using OPK's and monitoring other fertility signs.  So I stopped temping and waited for a period, only to find out nobody could tell me if I really had one.  So I was late to start the OPK's and I've used most of them since I'm testing twice a day like I was told.  I haven't even gotten a line at all in the test line... every single one shows up as a control line and that's it.  It's so frustrating.  I've debated about using Vitamin C to start a period, but I'm leary about it.  Not only that but I can't get out of my driveway to get to the store to get some anyway.  I just hate that I feel like I have nothing I can do.  Like I can try to induce a period, but I've taken an actual medication that is supposed to induce a period and it didn't work, so I'm not too optimistic about it.  I think I'd feel different if it was I was ovulating, we're just not having good timing, or even if we had good timing but I just wasn't getting pregnant.  It's really draining to sit here and know it isn't going to happen because this cycle is just like the last one, and I'm not ovulating.  I'm really starting to think a + OPK doesn't exist... it's like bigfoot... you hear about it, but there's no concrete proof... For me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment