My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bring it on!

So yesterday I was concerned, because the mild symptoms I had weren't really there.  No sore chest, no cramping, very little bloating.  Yeah, my uterus got the message.  Today, chest so sore I want to cry, cramps that have been coming and going, but definitely letting me know something is working down there.

Hubby and I have been arguing lately.  I've been causing some of the arguments, but some of it is just annoying.  I keep coming up with ways to tell our family, he keeps annoying me with his answers.  He has turned down every idea I've come up with.  And he wants to tell his parents first.  Which is only natural I guess, but I want to tell our parents together.  Plus I have a brother, sister and sister-in-law.  I want them to be there too.  It's more than our little house can take.  I'm really tempted to call the restaurant up the street and ask them how much it would cost for us to use their small banquet room.  Since it is close to Easter, I don't know if our families would think too much of it.  Not only that, I had thought of saying I wanted to do something to celebrate some other good news we got.  My dad is now in remission from Pancreatic Cancer.  It's been about a year of battling, but he beat it.  He found out this morning.  So I don't know what I want to do yet.  I'm also tempted to go to a local restaurant up where they live and get prices for their private rooms, or even an area that's private.  That way we can just say we want to go out to dinner and all.  Who knows.  I'll pitch the idea to him and see what he says. 

The other argument we have been having is because I want to be excited.  I'm pregnant for crying out loud, and it's our first.  I know there are chances of miscarriage and all that, and I'm cautious because of it.  But it's supposed to be an exciting time.  Hubby has been stressed because I did some shopping.  And I admit, today was a bit much, but I couldn't pass it up!  For those of you who don't already think I'm crazy... I painted our "nursery" about 5 months ago.  I was bored, needed a project and I knew eventually it would be a baby room.  So that part is done.  Here's the crazy thing.  I found maternity clothes on clearance, and they were pretty cute, so I decided to get them.  While I was there, I found a crib bedding set.  It matches the colors I painted the walls already!!! And it's Teddy Bears, the theme I want.  So I got it.  I got a discount on it, and I got it.  But it was way more than I originally was planning on spending.... Hubby was not, and still isn't, too happy with me.  But it's completely gender neutral and so cute!!! It was the last one they had! I couldn't leave it there!  So I guess I need to do some serious scaling back now... no new purchases for me for a few months... :(  Unless of course they are pre-authorized through Hubby.  But I don't see that happening anytime soon.  So I guess if I want cutsy baby stuff, I gotta wait till we tell the parents and go with them! LOL.  I know that won't happen either.  Eh, a girl can dream.  There's just so much to get and think about, that I'd feel better kind of accumulating it little by little instead of trying to buy it all at once later and have some sticker shock!

No comments:

Post a Comment