My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, April 26, 2010

Another TWW

So my last post was about a week ago.  And I apologize, this is a long post.

Not a whole lot has changed.  I ovulated a few days ago, which was exciting.  I was really expecting it to be longer.  I had just convinced myself I'd be calling the midwife in Mid-May and have to go through all these test and all again.  Hubby and I haven't been as careful as we were instructed to be... so I may be on my way to pregnancy number 2 as we speak, but only time will tell.  According to FF, I'm supposed to test on Mother's Day... which would be 16 days after ovulation.  I think I'll cave and test sooner.  I need to find my coupon for FRER so I can run out and get another one.  I think if I don't have any symptoms or anything, I'll test Saturday, 5/8 if I don't have AF.  If I get symptoms like last time (the first one was Hubby couldn't do anything right and it took everything I had not to make him completely miserable), I'll test at 12dpo, which puts my testing on Wednesday, 5/5. 

Right now Hubby and I are working on getting some things done around the house.  We have so many projects that are little projects and wouldn't cost a whole lot to do, but I can't do them alone.  I need his help.  And I just can't seem to get him to help me on the ones I want done.  It seems like when I figure one  out, he finds some reason why we can't/shouldn't do it right now.  It's driving me insane!  Our house only has one bathroom, and it's very outdated.  My updates I want to do aren't anything that would make it unusable (except the shower it would be unusable for about 48 hours).  Hubby said to put that on the back burner because we want to build a small addition, just a mud room and half bath, onto our kitchen/backyard area.  He said it would make it so much easier if we just focus on the addition first, then the bathroom.  So I started doing all my research and Hubby decides we're going to have to push the project back to the fall.  Because now it's going to cost more than what he originally thought.  He drives me bonkers, because when I tried to tell him it's going to be an expensive project, he didn't agree.  Now that he convinced me to work on it, he doesn't want to do it.  He also does stuff like comes up with ideas, then once he gets me on board, tells me to call the places.  So it's like, ok, I'll do all the research, once the research is done, I'll go get all the stuff, then I'll do the work.  Gee thanks for being a manager, but I don't need one.  I need a helper/partner in this endeavor.  And he gets mad saying I need to just push him a little.  What the hell makes him think I have the energy to push him at all?  I barely have the energy to make it through everything I need and want to get done!

Before I complain about this next part, I need to put the disclaimer that Hubby is a great guy and he works very hard and long hours.  And he does a lot around the house for me, he empties the dishwasher/loads it most of the time, takes care of the grass and all that.  But it just seems like if I list what he does and what I do around here, it's so lopsided!  And like I said, I know he works long hours and it's a hard shift, he does manual labor, I work at a computer all day.  But he seems to think that just because I work at a computer all day I should be able to get all this stuff done around the house.  I mean, I cook every night, I do most of the cleaning, all of the laundry.  I ask him to do little things, like take out the garbage, recycling.  When he asks me to do things that really he should do, he gets mad if I forget.  Well what am I supposed to do?  And not only that, I wake myself up with an alarm clock every morning.  I get myself up for work.  He doesn't always call to make sure I'm awake and all that.  But I have to wake him up before his shift.  And he gets upset if I just yell up the stairs instead of actually walking up there and waking him up.  As if I'm not doing a million things as is.  Prime example, tonight, I had some errands to run after work.  I made dinner, ate it in about 5 min (which was not easy and I'm def regretting that now), and took care of my stuff.  I get home, all the dinner dishes are still out.  Granted, the dishwasher was running from when I had started it earlier, but still!  Clean the pans or something.  Do the general clean up.  And he tells me that he needs me to take care of freezing some meat that we bought this weekend because it needs to be done today.  He watched TV the whole time I was gone.  He could have done it.  But he waits and tells me it needs to be done.  And he always says, "I hate to put something else on you, but..."  Whenever his sentences start that way, I just want to scream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment