My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 24, 2010

CD 7 and counting...

So I got my period... this last week has been ridiculously busy.  Hubby got the new position and started the new shift.  It's weird for him to leave before I'm even off work.  It creates a few challenges.  Mainly, I don't want him leaving without eating something.  At least then I know he got one good meal instead of fast food or just a sandwich.  He doesn't eat when he comes home from work, so I feel like he only gets two meals a day when he's working, I'd like to make sure one is a good hearty meal.  So today has been spent making a bunch of meals that I can freeze, then just get out of the freezer the day before, thaw and cook.  Simple.  I found a bunch of crockpot meals too that I can do on those days.  I have 3 meals done, 2 are cooking now, then I have three more to make.  So I'll have about 8-10 meals (depending on how many servings I get out of these next recipes.  I've never made them before, so I'm trying to figure it out. 

I have an appt with the fertility clinic next Wednesday.  I asked Hubby to go with me, but I don't know if he will or not.  He's still in the thinking that we don't need to seek help until it's been a year since the miscarriage.  I sort of agree.  I just want to talk with someone, find out what the course of treatment would be and how much it would cost.  I mean, if they say I just need clomid, then I just want to know what would be involved in it.  I've heard it's a lot of ultrasounds and bloodtests on specific days, so they can monitor how it affects you.  And if the testing they have to do is going to take months, I almost feel like I'd like to start it in Nov/Dec, before my deductible for health insurance resets.  I'm kinda peeved... I really wanted to buy a fertility monitor, clearblue easy was the one I was looking at.  It says you have to start it before CD 5.  So I had the money, I was ready to go and get it on CD 3.  I just knew Hubby wouldn't be happy about it.  So I didn't go get it.  And now I'm confused about my cycle and when I should start taking OPKs.  Since the miscarriage, I've had three cycles.  The first was 37 days, the next was 41 days, and this last one was 31 days.  I kinda feel like all over the place, and I'm wondering if this cycle is going to be shorter, or the same as the last one.  So I think I'm going to start OPK's either tomorrow or Monday, just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment