My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, July 5, 2010

Cycle Day 19 and a possible O

First, just let me say it's been a bit since I posted, and this one is a long one! I still have to wait a few days to confirm, but I think today/yesterday I may have O'd.  I had some symptoms today, so I took an OPK, it was very dark, but not quite darker than the control line.  So I'm going to take another one tomorrow, depending on my temp.  If my temp goes up again, I pretty much know I O'd and pretty much missed it!  Which is odd for me.  I usually am a little more in tune with my body, just because I have to be with such irregular cycles.  But I did have tons of EWCM today.  So I'm really hoping that my temp stays low for a few more days... gives me some more time to suduce Hubby!  LOL. 

Speaking of Hubby, I'm sooo excited for him!  He has an interview to transfer departments within his company.  The transfer is lateral, so no pay increase or prestige, but a schedule that will mean I get to see him!  Currently he works thirds, and it is ridiculous.  Our days during the week pretty much follow this routine: He comes home as I am starting work, then he goes to sleep.  I get him up after I'm done work and dinner is made.  He eats dinner with me, hangs out for about an hour (if I'm lucky), then grabs a nap before work.  He leaves for work, I sit here alone for a few hours then go to bed.  So I literally see him for maybe 4 hours a day, if I'm lucky, and I sleep alone everynight.  If he gets this transfer, he'll most likely be on dayshift.  I cannot tell you how this will change our life!  Not only that, he'll be working 12 hour days, which means he'd work M, T, have off W, Th, then work F, Sat, Sun, then have off M, T, work W, Th, then have off F, Sat Sun.  Can I say how awesome it would be for him to have that many days off and be on day shift?  He'll be back in the land of the living!  No more grumpy Hubby because he's so tired all the time or because his sleep schedule is so off that even on his days off, he's awake at 3 am!  He tells me he's a shoe-in for the position (which he is the only one specifically trained for this position), so I'm just really hoping the end of the week brings good news!

The last few weeks have been BUSY!  I feel like I haven't stopped moving at all!  I joined a gym about three weeks ago, and I'm proud of myself, I've been going about 3 times a week since I joined.  I haven't lost any weight, and that irriatates me, but I've been going.  I think I really need to buckle down and watch my diet closer.  So that starts this week.  But outside of that, I've been revamping our yard.  After the miscarriage, I just had no desire to go out and work in the gardens anymore.  The weeds grew up and it was just horrible.  Not to mention after all that snow we had, a lot of my plants were just dead.  So today my in-laws came down and helped us pulled out a dead shrub in the front and replace it with some perrenials.  I love low maintenance flowers that come back every year!  So great!  I also put in some new edging and mulch along our walkway leading up to the house.  I figured if I make the house look better, maybe I'll feel better. 

I have a bunch of other stuff on my list of low-budget fix-ups.  I'm going to paint our Master Bedroom.  It's a lavendar/princess/little girl purple.  Don't get me wrong, I like purple, it's one of my favorite colors.  But in my bedroom, I want a more sophisticated look.  So I'm going to paint it a blue.  I'm just not sure if it's going to be a denim type blue (really rich and a little dark), or a steely/silvery blue (cornflower was my wedding color).  But I have to find a weekend when I can do the prep work and get it done.  I was hoping to do it this weekend, but it didn't happen.  Then there's the project of the front door.  I found out since our house is old, our door is not a standard size.  So to replace it, like I had originally planned, is going to mean ordering a custom door (which means $$$).  The plan has changed, and I'm just going to refinish the door we have.  Sand it down, new paint, new hardware, and I think it's going to look great.  Again, just have to find the time to work on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment