My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Possibly the worst week in a long time

So I have been tired and not feeling good all week.  My period started on Tuesday, and I have just felt off ever since.  Then I get a call on Thursday that my dad was taken to the hospital because he had very low blood pressure.  I figured they were going to give him some fluids and he'd be fine.  Then my sis calls to tell me they are admitting him, keeping him and he's going to the ICU because they think he was bleeding internally.  So I sat here trying to keep composure, but that didn't happen for long.  I took time off work to go up there, since my family made it seem like he was on his deathbed or something.  When I got there, everyone was completely calm, the docs told me he'd be fine, they just had to keep him a few days longer.  My family started telling me I didn't have to make the trip.  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I went, because if it was serious, I want to be there, ya know?  But they could have told me it wasn't that much of an emergency, that I could have waited until I got out of work to run up there.  My dad is ok now.  He was released today and is home.  Thank God.

Now I've had a headache all day, my stomach hasn't felt good, and I had to cancel plans to hang out with a friend.  It's so weird.  I just don't feel like myself.  Not to mention, DH and I have been arguing lately over the dumbest things, and I don't know why.  We're trying to refinish our front door.  It's a solid wood door, and the previous owners painted it red and white... it's not a good job either.  If you paint over chipped and flaking paint, the new paint, will chip and flake too... Like so many other things in our house, they did it completely half-assed.  So I've been working on it.  First it was sanding it with a battery operated hand sander and got nowhere.  Then I asked Hubby to get some paint stripper... He came home with a flat disc for a grinder.  We have a battery operated one.  I got about a 1ft x 1.5ft area done, then I had to recharge the battery.  So Hubby said I should go out and get an electric grinder from a tool discount store.  So I did.  Came home, worked for a few more hours, got most of the door done.  But with it getting dark and all, we had to put the door back on and deal with it looking worse for a week.  I got some paint stripper, since I figured it would probably be easier than sanding/grinding the whole thing, and we have some millwork done on the door, and using a sander/grinder would ruin it.  Tried that today on the door, it was horrible.  It was so hard to get the paint off the door.  So there's a local shop here that will remove paint from old furniture, they specialize in removing lead paint, etc.  I brought it up to Hubby that since they do free estimates, maybe we should call them and see how much it would cost us.  Mind you, just a few days ago, he was talking about getting a new door all together.  He starts going off about how much money am I willing to spend to redo this door, saying that I do this all the time, I get into projects and I don't finish them, or the minute they get hard I stop and try to get someone else to finish them.  I just gave up.  He's pissy for some other reason and just taking it out on me.  I told him flat out, I thought it was going to be easier than it is, and I'm in a little over my head.  I'm not too proud to admit that and ask for help.  He sat there and said if he has to sand it he will and blah blah blah.  I'm tempted to just tell him he has to finish it if he wants it done.  I figure there's no harm in calling this place and just finding out.  Apparently I'm wrong though.

No comments:

Post a Comment