My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Today is my birthday (a little in depth, just to warn you)

So I woke up, excited because we were going to one of my favorite restaurants for brunch.  They have such good food, and we don't get to go that often, so needless to say I was super excited.  But that stopped pretty quick.  I went to the bathroom and had started my period (or so I thought, explanation coming).  I was so bummed.  I walk back into the bedroom, Hubby tells me my family isn't coming for the brunch like they had planned.  Double bummer.  So I just broke down and cried.  It just felt so horrible.  I was so upset, because my first period after the m/c was on Mother's Day.  The second was on Father's Day... The third was a random day in July, then this one is my birthday.  I can't think of a more crappy sequence of events.  But Hubby convinced me to go to brunch and have fun.  So we did.  We ended up inviting my family down to hang out for dinner and such, and play poker. 

After coming back from brunch and last minute grocery shopping for the BBQ, I changed my protection.  No period.  Just passed one larger clot-like clump early, then nothing.  Nothing at all.  So I guess my body just wants to mess with me.  So I enjoyed the rest of the day with my family, friends and Hubby.  But I have to say, I'm not optimistic for this month.  Just the spotting, the temp tank this morning (which I have no idea of what the heck that was!), and all, just thinking this isn't our month.  But I guess a few more days will tell.  Since this is 11DPO, I should only have one or two more days, if it keeps true to form.  I'm going to not test I believe... I don't think I really have any reason to test.  Hubby did see how upset I was this morning though and talked about if I decided to go to the clinic, he's support me.  So at least that's good.  But like I said, time will tell. 

So all in all, a good birthday.  Kinda wish the whole thinking my period started this morning thing hadn't happened, but now I'm back to waiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment