My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Rough Week

Nothing new on the fertility front... just that it's 3DPO and obviously way to early for anything.  LOL

I've been so tired of work for so long now.  I'm very bored with it.  Not with working in general, I think I'd go crazy if I didn't have something to do all day.  But with my job, I've been doing the exact same thing every day for 3 years now.  I'll put it this way.  I process documents, basically it's data entry.  I look at a document, pull out specific info, and enter it into our system, then forward it on.  Sounds exciting right?  Imagine doing that 100 times each day... now imagine doing that for 3 years... that's right, I've processed an average of about 78k documents since I started.  To be completely honest, it got boring around document 5000, but I still thought I had a snowball's chance in hell of moving up in the company.  Now I know better.  It has seriously gotten to the point that I don't even want to get out of bed in the mornings to work.  For those who don't know, I work from home.  Don't get me wrong, there are perks... but imagine being stuck at home, all day, with no human interaction unless it occurs through a phone or the internet.  And I don't have one of those fun jobs where I can work whatever hours I want as long as I get 40 hours a week or anything... My job requires me to work from 9am to 6pm each day.  At this point, I'd go back to working at Walmart, just to get out of the house.  If I wasn't worried about not being able to find another job, I'd start looking.  Plus Hubby and I are on track to be credit card debt free in about 5 months.  So I'm really trying to stick it out until at least then.  If I can make it that long, I can get a job that doesn't pay as much but gets me out of the house.

I had a professor in college who used to say, "If you aren't happy doing what you're doing... Stop doing it."  He used to tell us why would you keep going to a job if on your way there, you had that dreadful feeling in the pit of your stomach, or you feel like there's a weight on your chest?  I can honestly say I know what the heck he was talking about now... but the only problem is, I work at home, so I have that feeling every time I sit down at my computer now.  I've stopped talking on message boards, I've just about stopped using facebook.  I hate checking email.  I'm on the computer all day everyday for work, and I can't stand to sit here the rest of the night after I'm finally done work.

I just really wish that Hubby could get Dayshift and I could get a better job for me.  I mean, I don't even really need to feel challenged; I just want to do something that is at least a little different every now and then.  I hate monotony...

No comments:

Post a Comment