My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Week 5 Starts with a Bang

So I got my numbers back from my blood work today.  My HcG level was 204, which is within normal range for 4 weeks.  From what I've read online, it should be between 5-400.  My midwife did think my Progesterone levels were dangerously low though.  So I am now on 100mg of Prometrium (a synthetic progesterone) three times a day.  I have to be on this until 8 weeks, then I have to take it as a vaginal suppository.  I need to double check with them how many times a day I need to do that part.  The suppositories I'll have to do until 13 weeks.  So I'm on this regimen until at least January 11, 2011. 

Other than that, I feel ok.  I had some cramping and I've had some spotting, but nothing that I'm really worrying about.  Literally all brown spotting.  I haven't really had any nausea or anything.  I have been getting some pretty bad headaches though.  I had one yesterday and one today.  I think they are either sinus or caffeine related.  Neither is really good because I can't do much about them.  Sinus headache, I can use steam/humidifier... For the caffeine thing, I just have to deal with it while I try to lower my caffeine intake.  I can take Tylenol, but I don't want to take much if I can help it. 

I go for another blood test tomorrow.  Hopefully the results will be good.  I need my HcG to be at least 408 (hopefully it's more than that) and I am hoping my progesterone level at least doesn't drop.  I think I'm going to take 4 pills before my test tomorrow.  So I'm just hoping and praying that it all comes back at least ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment