My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas with the families

So we've had an eventful time since the last time I posted.  I posted last Saturday and said how we had the internment for Dad that day.  Later that night, my mom took my sister to the hospital.  She had been sick the whole day.  She couldn't keep anything down.  When they got to the ER, they admitted her.  Turns out after a lot of tests, she was bleeding internally and had really bad Colitis (inflammation and irritation of the colon).  After being in the hospital for about 5 days, she was released on Thursday afternoon.  She was released with strick instructions to stay on a bland diet and drink a lot of fluids.  So thank goodness she's ok.  I can only imagine the stress that my mom has been under these last few weeks.  She needs some time to rest and recoup herself.  Hopefully nothing else happens. 

To make the holiday even better, my truck is in the shop again...  This time with multiple issues.  But the shop is being proactive and found a few other things that are wrong or would cause issues in a few months.  So instead of having it for just a day, they were going to have it for almost a week.  So under our warranty/service plan, if they have my truck for a long period of time we get a rental car.  So they made us drive up to the local Enterprise by the shop instead of being able to get the rental from one by us.  When I got there, mind you I drive an SUV, they had a Hyundai Accent for me.  I decided since it was just going to be a few days and all, I wouldn't argue with them about it.  So after I got the car, I was running errands and realized this car has no power anything... No power windows, no power locks, nothing.  Then to make things better when I was driving home the check engine light came on.  So I was livid.  Then come to find out when I called the 24 hour number for Enterprise today, I was on hold for about 35 minutes before I just gave up and decided I'd call tomorrow.  I'm going to tell them to come get the car.  I'm not driving it with the check engine light on.  And they're going to hear how I think it's not right that I was given such a small car after having my truck, and how I didn't even get comparable amenities in the vehicle.  I know that may be more on the shop than the rental agency. 

So every year we go to each of the families on each holiday.  For Thanksgiving this means going to each family's house for dinner.  Luckily the dinners are at different times so we can usually make both.  Christmas is a little trickier though.  Christmas Eve my family doesn't do anything, Hubby's family does.  So we end up there on Christmas Eve since his Aunt & Uncle and cousins are all there.  Then we usually come back home that night (an hour drive without traffic).  We have Christmas morning here, then go back up to Hubby's other grandmother's house for a lunch/dinner, and then we go to my parents house later in the evening for dinner.  It's a lot of eating, but we can usually manage. 

This year, we did Christmas Eve at Hubby's family's house.  It was a good time, for the most part.  His family has been in a mini-civil war that everyone tries to pretend isn't happening around the holidays so the kids have a good time.  Despite that, it was a lot better than we expected.  No fights, no flipping outs, well, the kids did when they opened their gifts, but that's good.  Then we decided to stay up there, but at my parent's house.  There was a storm that was supposed to come through, and we didn't want to drive that much this year if we could help it.  So we slept on my sister's bed.  Don't get me wrong, I love my family for putting us up, but man her bed is hard!  But Christmas morning was good with my family.  Then Hubby's grandma had moved dinner to later, and my family had moved their dinner earlier, so we went to his dinner this year, and not mine.  Which wasn't an issue.  It just meant less running around for us.  I felt horrible by the time it was all said and done.  I have a sore throat and my nose is constantly congested.  I've been congested since day 1, but the sore throat started on Christmas morning.  So that's been fun.  Today it felt even worse!  I've been sucking on peppermint, drinking hot tea with honey... it helps a little, but it's not going away yet.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment