My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 28, 2011

28 week Drs Appt tomorrow

So tomorrow I have my 28 week appt with my midwife... I find out my glucose results and I'm a little concerned... I think just because it's a test that I've had to wait for the results and because GD is one of those conditions you can have and not even really realize it.  I am also a little nervous to find out if I'm still measuring big... I know when I ovulated, so I know my due date.  It's not like it's a best guess.  I'm just concerned that if they say I'm measuring like 2 or 3 weeks ahead, they're going to want to change my due date, and I don't want to be induced at like 36 weeks because they think I'm full term.  I know at 36 weeks babies are usually fine, I guess my issue is more the induction than anything else... If at all possible, I want to go into natural labor.  I can only imagine that the reason for higher c-sect rates with inductions is because your body just isn't ready yet. 

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good!  Getting into crunch time!  I'm officially in the third trimester!  I have a friend's bachelorette party this weekend, then in 3 weeks I have my baby shower with family, and I'm soooo hoping to have the nursery done soon.  Hubby keeps saying he's going to rip the carpet up in there, but he just keeps stalling/getting sidetracked.  I'm so proud of him, he has gotten so many projects done, that I can't be mad.  He's been wonderful.  But the nursery and replacing our front door are my main concerns right now.  I really want the floors done in the nursery so I can just start placing stuff.  I'm hoping that after my family shower, I'll be able to at least partially organize that room.  I'm not expecting to get too many big items, but I'm hoping to get some gift cards so I can get our crib and travel system and things like that.  My mom and MIL are getting my pack n play for me, so that's awesome and a huge weight off my shoulders to know it will be bought.  That's actually more important to me than the crib right now, just because I know for the first few months I want the baby to sleep in our room with us, to make breastfeeding/nighttimes easier. 

I did find an awesome deal on a pack n play on Craigslist.  I was looking for one that I can keep in my truck and use when we're up at my mom's or at Hubby's parents' house.  It's this really cute navy blue with safari animals on it.  It came with the netting to have the raised sleeping platform and a mobile/toy bar.  It's really cute.  If I can figure it out (since I've never done it before) I'll post a pic on here on it.  Very adorable, not something I would have picked out in the store for $100, but for $40 on Craigslist, definitely!  And the guy I bought it from was so nice!  Just makes me happy to have that done!  I have been looking for 2 months now, and everytime I found one, it was either sold already or the people told me "Oh, it's first come first serve, so if you get here first you can have it."  You've got to be kidding me... who does that?  I'm not going to drive 20-40 min to get somewhere only to find out someone beat me to it... But I digress, I got my travel pack n play! 
Nice right?

Then this is the close-up of the pattern.  :)

Ok, I'm done for tonight... I'll try to get on here tomorrow and update with my results of my appt.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment