My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 29, 2011

Update on the Dr's appt

So I went to the doctor's today.  Everything went great!  I didn't ask for specifics as far as my glucose number, but she told me all my test results were well within normal range, I don't have GD, I'm not anemic, everything looked good.  My blood pressure was good and I don't have any swelling, so that's awesome too.  The only real symptom I had to tell her is that I've been really tired lately.  She told me to take B complex to help with my energy level.  So I'm going to run out at some point this weekend and get myself some of that.  I'm still measuring big.... *sigh*... But I did talk to her about it and told her my concerns, that I really didn't want to be induced early or anything unless something was possibly wrong with the baby.  She told me it's not their policy to induce at all, unless necessary.  So that made me feel a lot better.  She did say if I started measuring bigger than 3 weeks or so, I'd probably have some tests done to see what's going on.  Because it could mean too much fluid or too little fluid around the baby and that could lead to other problems.  But so far, everything looks great!  My appts go to every 3 weeks now, so I have another appt in early May, then another in late May, then I go to every 2 weeks for a few visits, then I'm every week after that.  Things are going kinda fast when I think of weeks, but day to day it's sooooo slow!  LOL  It's not fair!

I did find out that 35 weeks is the cut off for them stopping my labor.  If I go into labor before then, they'll stop it, but if I don't then they won't stop it, I'll just have the baby.  So I told Hubby today that 34 weeks (so 6 weeks from now) is the cut off for when things have to be done!  No ifs, ands, buts, ors, whys or maybes.  LOL  Carseat has to be in the car and inspected, nursery needs to be done and major purchases have to be bought.  So that puts our cut off date at June 12th pretty much (the date of my second shower!).  So pretty much that week, we're going and buying whatever we didn't get.  The next two weekends are hellish for us... A concert the following weekend, then I'm in a friend's wedding the weekend after that... So we need to get the stuff at least in our house.  If I have it here, but maybe not assembled, I have an awesome family that will be more than willing to come down for a few hours here and the house and finish stuff up.  But I just need it in the house!  LOL. 

Well, that's all for today.  I need to go get some sleep!  I have a Pancreatic Cancer walk bright and early tomorrow morning and it's about an hour and a half away, so I gotta leave super early!  It's going to kill me, but I'm going to do it.  It's in memory of my dad, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!  It's been 4 months since he passed.  My sister organized our team and did a phenominal job raising money.  We're in 4th place right now!  No thanks to me really... I didn't get the chance to really fundraise, but I contributed by buying shirts.  :)  Well, think of me tomorrow morning as I try to complete a 2 mile walk.  LOL, hopefully some of my team mates don't mind walking super slow!  I know my puppers will be my motivation to keep moving.  If I don't have the energy, I'm sure she'll just drag me along! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment