My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 12, 2011

6 more weeks till my EDD

We've managed to get quite a few things done since my last post.  I can't remember if I posted it on here or not, but Hubby finally pulled the carpets up in the nursery and the hardwoods are great!  They need a little work, but nothing that a sanding and resealing couldn't fix.  I have a rug that covers a decent amount of the floor anyway, so we're not too concerned with it for right now.  I still have to get shoe molding and install it too, but again, I'm not too worried about trying to get it done before our LO gets here because it's something I can do in one day when I'm actually able to move up and down off the floor.  LOL 

We also got our crib just a few days ago and Hubby and I put it together this morning.  Very exciting!  I washed the bedding set I got and put it all on the crib and such.  The only thing we have left to do in the nursery now (aside from the aforementioned shoe molding), is moving Hubby's computer and file cabinet out, one more box has to be moved out, and the recliner needs to go up there for when I'm breastfeeding.  I've decided to use a recliner we have in our living room (that we never use) instead of buying a new glider, it just makes sense.  Not only will it save us a couple hundred dollars, but it will open up floor space in our small living room for the pack n play or swing, whatever baby gear we keep on the main floor of our house.  Oh, I guess there is one other thing that needs to be done.  I am going to have Hubby cut about 2 or 3 inches off the dresser we're using in the nursery for a changer/dresser.  Basically it's an old dresser that the previous owners left here.  I cleaned it up and got Hubby to move it up there and realized it's too tall.  It's almost ribcage height now, so once we put a changing pad on there, it's going to be ridiculous!  Since it has 3 or 4 inch base on it though, I can get him to cut it down a bit and hopefully it'll be more functional.  If not, then I guess I'll have to go out and look for something that will work. 

And last but not least, we managed to pick a first name for our son!  I don't have to call him little one or little boy anymore!  His name will be Joseph.  Joseph is my father's baptismal name and also my uncle's (who was my Godfather) name.  So it has sentimental meaning to me, especially now.  It's been a little over 6 months since my dad passed, and it's been years since I lost my uncle.  Hubby and I have pretty much narrowed it down to 2 names, either Joseph Jeffery (his dad's name is Jeffery) or Joseph Corbin.  Corbin is a name I came across that means Raven in Irish.  I'm Irish, so I love it immediately, and I was hoping Hubby would get on board because he's a Baltimore Ravens fan.  Not to mention, if Joey's middle name is Corbin, his initials would be the same as Hubby's dad, which would be special too.  But then Hubby has to throw a monkey wrench into things and say he's not really sure, because there are some other middle names he likes too.  I'm just letting him go until the baby is born.  I'm just glad to finally have a first name. 

So now with 6 weeks left, I am starting to feel the effects of the extra weight.  I've only gained 15 lbs or so, but with how it's distributed on my body, it's just so hard.  It seems like it's all belly.  Everyone tells me I don't look pregnant from the back, but the minute I turn, I'm huge.  I've been dealing with back pain, and then to top it off, I managed to pull a muscle at the top of my abdomen when I was coughing.  Ugh, it's been miserable!  But we're almost to the end.  And I'm to the point where they most likely wouldn't stop labor if it started on it's own.  And since I'm measuring on schedule now (not 3 weeks ahead like I had been for almost the whole pregnancy), I'm not as scared that Joey is coming early.  I figure since I'm a FTM, he's probably going to be late.  But then again, I had the miscarriage last year, so I'm wondering if since my body has been through this (not completely, but the dialating and such) already, if that will make a difference.  I'm surprised there aren't more studies or information out there about this.  I tried to research it and didn't really find anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment