My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Over the two month mark!

Monkey is getting sooo big!  At his 2 month well baby check up he was 14 lbs 13.8 oz!  OMG big ol' baby boy!  He's in the 95th percentile for weight, 99th for height and off the charts with his big head! LOL  But the pediatrician said it's all good because he's proportionate, he's just a bigger baby.  :)  Makes me happy that he's doing so well!

We're still working on a schedule... So far we have a nighttime routine that is working well for us.  I never put him down later than 10, but he's been starting to show signs of being tired around 8 or 9 some nights.  If he's tired, I put him down earlier, just never later than 10.  He's starting to nap during the day at a more consistant time too.  I'm noticing around 12 or 1 he goes down for a nap.  If the TV is on, he'll only catnap, but if I turn the sound off on the TV, he'll stay down for about a half an hour or so.  Then he gets a nap in the evening too, usually around 5 or 6 and he'll stay down for a few hours at that one if I let him. 

I have to start back to work in a little over a week.  I'm not really looking forward to it.  Hubby and I work opposite shifts, so one of us will always be able to watch Monkey, but it's going to be tough.  Hubby needs to sleep during the day and Monkey is awake a good part of the day when he's home.  So it looks like I'll be sacraficing sleep and so will Hubby.  If we end up putting Monkey in daycare or hiring someone to come in and help us, it'll cost us about 2/3's of my salary.  We need 2/3's of my salary to make up our bills and start restocking savings a little.  Just to pay the bills we need a little under half of my salary.  So paying someone 2/3's of it won't work.  I may as well just stop working for my company and start working part time somewhere.  I don't know how we're going to do it, but we're going to give it a shot.  After a few months, we'll re-evaluate and see where we're at.  I'm really afraid that I'm going to have to stop working my job though.  It won't be nice because me getting a part time job just means more expense because I'll have to buy clothes most likely, then I'll have to pay gas and such to get to and from, which are all expenses I don't have right now since I work from home.  I'm really hoping I can work out a schedule with my job and Hubby's then work out something with my boss so I can work a split shift or something maybe.  Guess we just have to wait and see.  I just really feel uneasy, because we don't have a back up plan.  Basically the only back up we have is me moving back home (with my family or his) for the days that I work and Hubby coming to see me when he's off.  Not a good option in my opinion... but good to know it's there if we need it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment