My weight loss journey

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

At least there's progress...

So Hubby is going to work on going back to school.  I'm hoping I can get him to apply this week, so he can get his transcripts evaluated.  Ugh, I hope I can really get him to go through with it.  If not, I need to know so I can apply to my choice of school.  One of us has to do something. 

And we had a good talk this week.  We found our dream house.  It's a home that a friend of my family is selling.  The situation is sketchy and I'm not really going to get into it, but lets just say, I think this friend may be really really motivated to sell the house, and I don't see it moving anytime soon.  But I'm going to talk to my friend and see if they'd be interested in doing a rent-to-buy contract, or just put the bug in their ear about if they want to rent it because it won't sell, to let us know.  I'm going to try to be sly about it, but I'm sure they'll see right through it.  But there's always that snowball's chance in hell. 

And we also decided that if that doesn't happen, for whatever reason, in about a year, we'll start looking for a new house and trying to find a renter for this one once we get a lead on something.  So it looks like hopefully in the next two years, we'll be out of this house one way or another.  That is all I needed for some peace of mind.  I just needed to know we had some kind of plan to get us out of our tiny house sometime soon.  I just really hope Hubby doesn't go back on this.  He tends to get cold feet when big decisions get closer to reality. 

As for family stuff, Monkey is toddling!  It's just a few steps and it's not all the time, but I got some on tape the other day.  I'm so excited.  :)  I love that he's growing up and he's soooo happy.  I really feel like I lucked out.  The only downside was his sleeping, since he was waking up every single night and wouldn't go back to sleep, but I think we may have even nipped that in the bud this week!  It felt sooo nice to sleep more than 4 hours last night.  Even though between Monkey and Hubby I was woken up about 8 times, they were short periods of awake and I was asleep by 11:30 and didn't get up until 8:30.  It was AMAZING.

Basically the other night, I went in to console Monkey like I always do, and after 2 hours, he just wouldn't let me put him down so I could go back to sleep.  I had to just put him in his crib and walk away for a few minutes.  He cried.  It felt horrible.  But once I regained composure and calmed down, because I know my being stressed wasn't helping him get back to sleep, I noticed the monitor was quiet.  He had fallen back asleep!  Then last night when he got up, I told Hubby to hold off a few minutes before he went in to hold him.  Of course, Hubby didn't listen and started finding a shirt to put on so he could go hold him.  By the time he got a shirt and started to walk over there, Monkey had put himself back to sleep.  From then on, each time Monkey woke up, I waited a few minutes and he'd find his pacifier and put himself back out!  It felt soooo good to know he was ok and could put himself back to sleep!  I'm hoping it only gets better from here on out!

Monkey's birthday is coming up in a week.  Literally a week from tomorrow my little man will be a whole year old.  I have a lot I want to do for his party, and I really need to get cracking.  I saw a banner where you take pictures of the baby at each month from birth to 11 months and make a timeline.  I'm really excited to try that.  I just need to get through my pictures and print them.  Then we're doing a puppy dog theme.  So I'm going to do People Puppy Chow.  It's a chex mix that has chocolate and peanut butter coating then powdered sugar.  It's soooo good.   I was going to make paw print chocolate lollipops, but I just don't think I'm going to have the time.  No biggie.  Then I need to take Monkey to get pictures taken.  I have a coupon for the portrait studio in the mall.  It's really cheap and I'm just going to get a bunch of wallets made up to give out to family.  We actually have two parties, a BBQ here on Friday night for some of our close friends down here, then a bigger family party at my mom's on Saturday. 

And we are about 2 weeks away from vacation!  I cannot wait!  It has been 3 years since I've been on vacation.  It's been way way way too long.  I'm a little nervous about how Monkey will do at the beach, but I'm probably just worrying for nothing.  If he doesn't like the beach, the house we're staying at has a pool, so we can still get in there with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment